The Reznor’s Model MASA Condensing Unit for Reznor Split System
The M series condensing units are optimized for use with Reznor Model CAUA or any of the PreevA series of indirect fired HVAC systems. The M series can be used with other Reznor equipment with appropriate evaporator coils or with other brand air handlers when properly selected, matched and installed.
The M series utilizes non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant. Dual circuits and scroll compressors are standard. The system is designed to achieve three stages of cooling. The cooling capacities range from 5 to 20 tons at full load.
The three-stage (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) design makes the M series/CAUA combination very efficient in overall seasonal energy use. This is due to the fact that while applications are generally sized to design conditions, a major portion of the total operation time is at conditions less than design. In addition to the added energy efficiency, other advantages include smoother load response across the range of operating conditions. Plus fewer on/off cycles, as compared to conventional single or two stage systems, results in reduced cycling and improves reliability. For more information see the “Cooling Advantages” section of this catalog.
Besides the superior operational design, the M series is also designed in an attractive cabinet, optimized for performance and overall size. The cabinet is constructed of G-90 coated material with a primer on the interior surfaces. A pre-coat off-white gloss finish is applied so the unit will stay cleaner, brighter and better looking for a long period of time. Complete access to all electric and compressor parts is provided to enhance installation and service ease.
To further enhance performance and corrosion resistance the M series uses the latest aluminum micro-channel heat transfer technology. This rugged and proven technology is used in automotive AC condensing coils and provides superior performance with lower weight.
For information on selecting the right size condensing section, please use appropriate Reznor software (RezPro® Toolbox) or contact your Reznor Representative by calling 800-695-1901.
● Non-ozone depleting, R-410A refrigerant
● Normal operating range 55° to 115°F ambient
● Dual compressor system to provide 3 stage capacity control – 1/3, 2/3 or full
● Pre-coat off-white gloss cabinet finish, G-90 coated material on exterior surface and primer on interior surface, 60 gloss, meets ASTM B117 specification for salt spray to 1,000 hours
● Service access door
● Corrosion resistant, easily cleanable, aluminum micro-channel condenser coil
● Liquid line filter driers – shipped loose with unit for field installation
● Refrigerant receiver for each circuit
● Fork lift openings built into the heavy gauge base
● 208-230/3/60 unit supply voltage (20 ton unit available in 460/3/60 only)
● 24 Volt Controls
● 75VA transformer with manual reset circuit breaker
● Isolation relay on control circuit
● High and low pressure switches
● Service valves on liquid and suction lines
● Angled condenser coil to prevent damage
● UL Listed for use in U.S. and Canada (UL 1995 Heating and Cooling Equipment)
● CE Approved to ENV 327 and EuroVent 7.1 and 8.1
Factory Installed Options:
● 5 minute anti-short cycle timer
● Optional five (5) year limited warranty on compressors available
● ElectroFin™ condenser coil corrosion protection coating
● Condenser coil guard
● 460/3/60, 575/3/60, 220/3/50, 400/3/50 unit supply voltage
● Internal capacity control for circuit A only or circuits A and B
● Interfaces for 3 stages of cooling to modulating signal from room thermostat (Option CL36)
Field Installed Options:
● Fusible and non-fusible disconnect switches
ElectroFin™ is a registered trademark of AST ElectroFin, Inc