“The FC Series – Full Cased Evaporator Coil
These FC series evaporator coils are designed to be installed with Coleman furnaces and to be matched with Coleman cooling and heat pump outdoor units. All evaporator coils can be applied with orifices and may require a TXV for system ratings with certain outdoor units. Refer to the Technical Guide for the outdoor unit selected as part of your system.
Coils are provided as “”Flex-coils”” without a factory installed metering device. For added application flexibility, a R22 or R410A TXV is field installed on “”Flex-coils””to meet your refrigerant choice.
FC Models, Full Case Coils – Full cased coils are suitable for use in upflow or downflow applications.
● Thermal Expansion Valve – Provides flexibility to use R22 or R410A refrigerant. A true bolt-on TXV, valve assembly and equalizer tube is available with no brazing required. TXV and sensing bulb are mounted inside the cased coil cabinet. (Must be field supplied for all “Flex-coils”)
● Insulated Cabinet – All evaporator coil cabinets are thermally insulated with foil faced insulation to prevent sweating.
● Internally Clean – All evaporator coils are factory leak-tested, dehydrated, sealed and shipped with a holding charge.
● Durable Finish Inside and Out – Coil casings are made of pre-painted steel. The pre-treated flat galvanized steel provides a better paint to steel bond, which resist corrosion and rust creep. All internal metal parts are made of G90 pre-painted steel i.e. triangular plates, top plates, horizontal supports etc. (Coil header plates are non-painted due to the brazing process during production.)
● Optimum Heat Transfer – Using the latest in heat transfer technology, staggered rows of copper tubes are mechanically expanded into aluminum fins to provide optimum air to surface contact for ample moisture removal as well as high performance ratings.
Available models for FC Series – Full Cased Evaporator Coil: FC18A, FC18B, FC24A, FC24B, FC30(A,B), FC32A, FC35(B,C), FC37A, FC36A, FC36(B,C), FC42(B,C), FC43(B,C), FC48(C,D), FC60(C,D)FC62D and FC64D.
Note: See Condensing Unit or Heat Pump Technical Guide for Total Cooling Capacity and Sensible Capacity”